Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sims 3 system requirements - will it run? Confusion with processor?

I have been looking for similar questions on here and there seems to be a few, so apologies! But I am a bit confused at whether my laptop will run the new game smoothly. I have read the minimum system requirements on websites and I have done the yougamers system check (which turned out to be fine.)



The confusion I have is with the whole minimum requirement being intel p4 2ghz. On my laptop I have intel core 2 duo 2.1 ghz... will this be enough to run the game smoothly or will it be a nuisance since I have vista?



All the other specs of the laptop seem to be good enough to be able to run the game although I think my video card could be better.Sims 3 system requirements - will it run? Confusion with processor?
You're fine in the processor department - your Core 2 Duo 2.1Ghz is much faster than any P4.



The clockspeeds alone aren't useful measurements- even a 1.87Ghz Core 2 Duo easily outperforms a P4 at 3.2Ghz.Sims 3 system requirements - will it run? Confusion with processor?
a Core 2 duo is far more powerful than a P4. It will run great.Sims 3 system requirements - will it run? Confusion with processor?
It will work with your processor, no Vista will not be a nuisance, I switched from XP to Vista, I didn't notice any difference in gaming. Also, it depends on your laptop's video card. IF it's from Intel, don't even bother picking it up until you get dedicated card.
I don't think your CPU would cause a problem but Vista might. Just make sure the game is compatible with Vista. Your video adapter can always be better. It's never ending with them.
  • madden nfl 08
  • dairy queen locations
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment