Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sims 3 system requirements? Ghz?

I'm thinking of buying sims 3 for pc, but I have Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 CPU , 2.13 Ghz. But on the sims 3 website, it says that 2.40 Ghz or equivalent is required. I have 40gb+ of free memory (7GB needed), my video card seems compatible, I've got windows vista service pack 2 (i think this ones okay too, I've researched), and I have 2GB ram (1.5GB required). If I were to install it on my PC (desktop), will it work?



To make it easier, here's the list of required stufff:

2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent

1.5 GB RAM

A 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

Microsoft Windows Vista Service Pack 1

At least 7 GB of hard drive space



All answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.Sims 3 system requirements? Ghz?
Yes, your PC is compatible with Sims 3



You've stated all your other components meets the requirments and only CPU as a concern.



The requirements suggests you have a 2.4GHz P4 (Single Core) CPU. You have a Core 2 Duo (2 Cores). Even though only 2.13 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo series use new technology and 45nm processors which pushes it beyond normal system performances of the time when P4 were mainstream. Thus making it far better than P4.



Sims 3 is not a graphically demanding game (compared to recent release titles) but knowing the exact model of your graphic card can help confirm the final verdict.

No comments:

Post a Comment