Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Can I play the Sims 3--- system requirements?

Ok I just pre-ordered the Sims 3. Now I really want to know if I'll be able to play it or not. Not that I know much about computers but here is what I found. I have a Windows Vista home premium- its a laptop. Plays great for the sims 2 including packs. My system stuff is this:

Used space- 106 GB

Free space- 179 GB

Capacity- 286 GB this is under drive C

The processor is Itel(R) core(TM) 2 duo CPU

1.83GHz

3.00 GB RAM

32 bit operating system





I dont know what all that means but thats what i found on my computer. Will this cover the Sims 3 you think? Thank you SO much in advance.Can I play the Sims 3--- system requirements?
Yes, you have plenty of Ram, and your processor will run The Sims 3 perfectly, but you need to find out what your graphics card is that is the key. If you have a laptop then you have a built in chip that can not be replaced. So updating to a better graphics card is out of the question. I will take a stab in the dark because there is no official system specs released for it and say the minimum for a built in chip would prob be a mobile Intel 950 Express Chip. Now that is just my opinion so don't quote me on it. I am pretty sure it will run the base game though. I am running a mobile Intel 945 Express chip and I can run The Sims 2 perfectly fine, but not on the highest settings. I have read an article from one of the makers of The Sims 3, and he said that the system specs will not be to different from The Sims 2. He did mention that you may be safe running the base game, but depending on your graphics card will determine if you will be able to run all the future expansion packs. So that is my opinion hope this helps. I am kinda in the same boat for I to pre ordered The Sims 3 also, but like you and everybody else we will just have to wait and see. Well good luck and happy simming.Can I play the Sims 3--- system requirements?
I heard that the system requirements is the same as spore:

FOR WINDOWS XP

* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent

* 512 MB RAM

* A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

* At least 4 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB additional space for creations.

Report Abuse

Can I play the Sims 3--- system requirements?
FOR WINDOWS VISTA

* 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent

* 768 MB RAM

* A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

* At least 4 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB additional space for creations.

Report Abuse


lol u should be good But the Proccesor and Ram is only quarter of what your going to need to run the sims 3 i would say your processor passes and ur Ram big time thats plenty but Its the video Card thats ur biggest concern. The video card is whats going to make the sims 3 playable for you. I would look into what video card u have and if its a older one i reccomend updating to a better card cause all the new games are working off them new cards. :D .. Im free to tell u information if u want to know if u need a newer card or buy a new one ! Hope i helped out a little :P

No comments:

Post a Comment