Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I've bought sims 3, and the system requirements are just below for my computer... is there anything I can do?

My computer is Acer Aspire L320.



Sims 3 requirements that I don't have:

(vista) 2.4 GHz Processor - I only have 1.6 GHz Processor

(vista) 1.5gb RAM - I only have 1.15 gb RAM.



They are the only problems. Is there anything I can do or do I have to buy a new computer/parts (which I am not willing to do)?



Can I get a technician out to upgrade it or anything?

Or can I play the game without these requirements (but it would obviously be slower etc)



Please Help.



Thanks! :)I've bought sims 3, and the system requirements are just below for my computer... is there anything I can do?
You are NOT willing to spendo the moolo huh?



You mentioned stupid, does that mean you cannot read the game box for minimum requirements BEFORE buying the game?



If ya don't wanna spendo the moolo and ya can't read, why ya askin' fer help?



The only thing ya kin try is to overclock the CPU and 'borrow', 'beg', or 'steal' some more RAM.



Be sure to 'replace' the RAM sticks with the same type (DDR, DDR2, DDR3) and speed (333, 666, 1333, whatever) or it won't be worth 'stealin' er, 'replacin'.



PS: How to overclock the CPU is beyond the scope of yer kwestion.

;-)
You can add RAM but you can't change the CPU speed. The game might run, but VERY badly. (A 5 year old computer is 10 computer generations old. You should have replaced it about 2 years ago and you should be planning on replacing the replacement in about a year. A computer more than about 3 years old can't run current software. As time goes on, that will become 2 years old, then 1 year old.)I've bought sims 3, and the system requirements are just below for my computer... is there anything I can do?
First try putting all settings to bare minimum and the bare minimum resolution. If this does not work then you must upgrade you hardware which i would recommend getting from newegg. you will get a better price on memory and cpu. If you need to by hardware i would first get memory and start from there.
Hi,



It would be better to buy a new pc to be honest as upgrading that one will cost a lot of money.



You will most likely need a new motherboard, cpu, more memory, a better graphics card etc.



I doubt the game will play at all with those specs.8-((



ArnakI've bought sims 3, and the system requirements are just below for my computer... is there anything I can do?
test your computer here

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyr鈥?/a>
biggest problem would be the processor, that can be costly and a pain to change and not something for someone with little experience installing hardware.

you can check around and see if you can find a processor thats better, that your motherboard can handle. most of the time you end up getting a new motherboard and chip unless your computer is fairly new, and considering you dont have a dual/quad or higher processor ill take it your computer is older.



So in the long run might be cheaper to just start from scratch (specially if you can build your own about half the cost then dell or some other named brand)



If you already have the game i suggest you plug it and see, but i think it will be near unplayable.



and on a side note are these the recommended requirments or the minium requirements?

No comments:

Post a Comment